Let's Stop Acting Like We Don't See What Is Right In Front Of Our Faces! By Not Acknowledging The Truth, We Are All Living A Lie!!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Allow me to introduce myself...My name is Valerie Whitlock - Jenkins - Wheeler - Moore

I'm sure you can tell by the number of last names that I have been married a few times. 3 to be exact. (I'm currently on my third). Now, I know the judgemental people are probably wondering what is wrong with me?

I'm 30 something, with 7 kids (4 acquired through marriage). I have 2 birth children and one adult child, my oldest is technically an adult with a lot of growing up still to do.

I have lived in 5 different states (moved back to the same state twice) and now back to the same state that I ran from to begin with.

Call it running from drama, commitment, childhood issues, or whatever, one thing even a blind man can see.....I'M A RUNNER!

Surprisingly enough though, I'm actually a very strong, independent, RESPONSIBLE woman with an extreme work ethic. The key word here is...EXTREME! My strengths are also my weaknesses. I take independence to a whole new level. I refuse to ask anyone for help, allow anyone to ever think I need help, don't trust anyone to 'do it right' (because lets face it, if I don't do it...IT'S NOT RIGHT), and I always Always ALWAYS have a 'plan B'.

Since I refuse to let anyone EVER see my weaknesses, I live my life emotionally detached, extremely guarded, and disconnected from all friends and especially family.

So how did I land ANOTHER HUSBAND? I am actually the best person to ever have on your side. I painfully empathize with any one's struggles, Got your back almost to a fault, not a cheater, can't stand lying, put my family's need before my own, and try as hard as i possibly can prevent my children, my husband, or anyone I can to ever ever have to experience even a morsel the pain I have had to deal with in my life.

And my life has and still is very painful. If I had to bullet point my life it would be something like this:

  • Born in 197(something)
  • Watched mom's battle with cancer
  • Turned six
  • Watched mom lose the battle
  • Learned how family court works
  • Discovered not all men are 'good' guys
  • Turned twelve
  • Tried to find out for myself if there is a such thing a reincarnation
  • Hospitalized for that 'experement' in life and death
  • Diagnosed with 'Depression' and 'Emotionally Handicapped'
  • Turned fourteen
  • Was reminded that not all men are 'good' guys
  • Turned sixteen
  • Declared as an emancipated minor
  • Turned eighteen
  • Began my 'gypsy' journey
  • Had Baby....
And it only gets more colorful from there.

So, What am I trying to accomplish? I don't know. Maybe just to share my experiences. Maybe to show others where NOT to go and what NOT to do, or maybe just to 'write it out'. But one thing I do know.....I'm tired of ignoring the elephant in the room. Its time to acknowledge the obvious!! Time to say what needs to be said . Have those 'Discussions' we have been avoiding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...