Let's Stop Acting Like We Don't See What Is Right In Front Of Our Faces! By Not Acknowledging The Truth, We Are All Living A Lie!!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

We Can't Forget The Ones We Leave Behind!

Life has been tough for a great many of us these past few years. For some of us even longer. The wrath of the economic downfall discriminates against no race, nationality, gender, nor age group.

But as some of us start to pull ourselves up, we cannot forget about those whose struggles still continue. Those whose struggles have only just begun.

A few years ago, during a very trying time in my life, I received a card in the mail. No return address, no signature. The card simply said 'I know that times are difficult right now, But through it all you will be okay.'

I have never been one to talk about my trials, especially while in the midst of struggle. For that reason, I didn't have even the slightest idea of who the sender of the card was. Still to this day, it remains a mystery. But that card, which seemed to come out of nowhere, renewed in me a new strength. The will to keep going. The courage to keep fighting. And the faith that no matter how lonely I felt in my heart I was not alone. The battle may have been mine, but I had helpers in my battlefield.

Life goes on. Our lives go on. But as we each take one more step closer to higher ground, let us not forget about those who are still struggling to reach that first step. Let us not forget about those who have lost their footing.

As with my anonymous card, a simple act of kindness, can renew lost hope.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...